Frequently Asked Questions
1) What makes us unique?
Here are three of the reasons we love what we do!:
- Doctor in Your Pocket uniquely provides global access to qualified and vetted medical doctors you can trust;
- Doctor in Your Pocket uniquely offers immediate, real-time access to local, virtual, and house call doctors and travel companions anywhere in the world; and
- Doctor in Your Pocket uniquely gives healthcare decision-making back to the patient by providing you with the information you need, including education, experience, specialties, photos, videos, and online appointment scheduling so you can select the healthcare provider that’s right for you!
2) What system language(s) do you offer?
Doctor in Your Pocket supports English, and our providers around the world speak more than 65+ languages.
3) Why not just use Google to find medical providers (this was a serious question we received from someone)?
Google is an amazing tool to explore the world, but they’re a for-profit search engine that can only provide you with as much information as the doctor provides. For example, Google doesn’t:
- Qualify and vet the accuracy of healthcare providers’ information;
- Give access to travel companions, and virtual and house call doctors;
- Provide 24/7 concierge service to help you with your questions; and
- Maintain relationships with healthcare professionals to help you resolve any issues which may occur.
4) How does Doctor in Your Pocket differ from a travel insurance
Doctor in Your Pocket is valuable whether or not you have travel insurance. Most travel insurances sold in the US don’t come with medical assistance. Even if they come with a medical assistance service our service helps you to avoid an unnecessary trip interruption, long wait times, language barriers, and impersonal care. Your insurance carrier accepts your claim after you see a doctor, but they can’t help you find a qualified doctor who speaks your language when you need one outside the US or domestically.
Quality of Care
1) How do you qualify your medical providers and dentists?
Here is the three-step process we developed:
- Doctor in Your Pocket identifies eligible healthcare professionals outside the US and domestically, who have accomplished foreign medical training and/or education, have at least 10+ years of clinical experience, are multilingual, and understand the needs of international patients.
- After we identify them, our team of medical doctors conducts phone interviews with each provider to vet and verify their professional and personal background information.
- If they pass our phone interview, we conduct the final vetting process of their medical credentials and facility on-site through local consultants.
- Doctor in Your Pocket has an extended review step, our travelers and international patients who write reviews when when they visit a healthcare professional in our network. This enables them to share their experiences with all of our members. We also use these reviews to continually evaluate our providers.
1) How can I access the service?
Doctor in Your Pocket can be accessed from any internet-connected device.
1) What’s your global coverage?
Doctor in Your Pocket uniquely offers 24/7 coverage from anywhere in the world. We’re in over 180 cities (see our coverage map here). And should you find yourself in a city without a local provider, we can immediately connect you with one of our virtual doctors anywhere you have an internet connection.
1) What’s your global coverage?
Doctor in Your Pocket membership gives you access to our 24/7 concierge service as well as our continually curated and updated directory of the world’s best global healthcare providers.
3) Does the membership fee cover my medical expenses?
While the majority of our global healthcare providers have agreements with major travel insurance carriers, you will pay upfront for your service and then request reimbursement from your carrier. One of the many benefits of Doctor in Your Pocket is price transparency, doctor visits start as low as US$45 from anywhere in the world.
4) Does my travel insurance cover the medical expenses?
Generally, your travel insurance will cover your relevant medical expenses. Be sure to follow your insurance carrier’s policy guidelines for reimbursement. If you want to know more, you can chat with us live or email us at email@example.com.
1) What is our goal?
Our goal is to give travelers peace of mind when they travel anywhere outside the US and domesticall